GFNY Italia is opposed to the practice of doping in sport, on ethical and medical grounds, and fully supports the position of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and CONI against the use of banned substances and methods.
The use, possession and/or trafficking of banned substances, methods, or the encouragement or counseling to use banned substances, or methods, and/or taking measures to mask the use of banned substances, or methods by any participant in competitions is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
GFNY Italia has adopted CONI’s anti-doping policies and procedures in order to ensure a clean, healthy and fair sporting atmosphere for all athletes.
The rules and regulations of GFNY Italia’s Anti-doping Policy aim to:
- Promote GFNY Italia as a drug-free event;
- Uphold and preserve the ethics of sport;
- Ensure that all athletes have an opportunity to compete equally;
- Safeguard the physical health and mental integrity of the athletes;
- Encourage Affiliate Federations to execute similar regulations with their athletes.
The purpose of this page is to communicate GFNY Italia’s support of WADA and to provide the necessary information to our athletes.
GFNY Italia anti-doping rules (clause 9)
Athlete Guide – an overview of general anti-doping information
Therapeutic Use Exemptions (TUEs)
WADA Prohibited List
World Anit-Doping Agency (WADA) Website
Global DRO Website